注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2246|回复: 0

a story of the secret of success

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-1-4 17:05:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
a story of the secret of success
George Wilson had a shop where he sold and repaired watches.
One day his daughter got married and her husband ,James, soon came to work for him .
"I'll teach you everything I know about watches,"George told him.
For the first few weeks ,james served customers, dusted theshelves and learned where everything was in the shop .George was very pleased with him .He worked hard and was polite and helpful to the customers.
While James looked after the front of the shop ,George was able to build up the repair business. He worked in a back room.
After about six months ,James said,"Is there anything else you want to teach me ?"
"Yes,James ,there is ,"George said ."It's time I taught you the secret of our success."
"I think I know that ,"James said ."You buy the watches at one price and sell them at a higher price .The difference in the price is our profit ."
"That's ture ,but it's not where we make most of our profit ,"George said .
He picked up a watch from the counter .
"what do you think of this watch?" he assked James .
"That's a cheap watch ,"the young man replied."We don't make much promit from selling those .Perhaps a few dolars each."
"That's where you are wrong ,my boy ,"George said ."Those cheap watches make more profit than any other watch in the shop ."
"I don't understand,"James said.
"Because they are really cheap ,they are always breaking ,"George told him ."We make our profit from repairing them."
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|流星街

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 00:20 , Processed in 0.027220 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, eAccelerator On.