找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3033|回复: 4

英文如何感谢别人

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-3-13 21:16:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
There are many different situations that call for an expression of thanks. In general, people thank someone:

许多不同情况要求我们表达感激之情,一般而言,下列情况需向人家表示感谢。

1.  for a gift;

别人给你送礼物;

2.  for a favor;

别人帮你做了事;

3.  for an offer of help;

别人主动给你帮助;

4.  for a compliment and a wish of success;

别人向你恭贺或祝你成功;

5.  when asked about their health;

别人向你问好;

6.  for an invitation;

别人向你发出邀请;

7.  when leaving a party or social gathering;

在招待会上或其他社交场合,向人告别;

8.  for services, such as being waited on in a store or restaurant.

别人为你服务,如在商店或餐馆里。

The person receiving the gift usually says three things:

接受礼物的人通常要说三件事:

1.  an expression of thanks;

1.表示感谢;

2.  a compliment on the gift itself, showing that the recipient likes the gift;

2.对礼物本身说些恭维话,表明接受礼物的人喜欢它;

3.a question relating to the gift (its origin , use, maker, etc.) to show interest in

the gift. This is really another type of compliment.

3. 询问有关礼物的情况,以表明对礼物感兴趣(如产地、

用途、制造商等等),这实际上是另一种感谢、恭维。

A “favor” is doing something for another person that the doer no obligation to do, for example, going to the store for a friend or mailing some letters so that a sick friend wouldn’t have to out in the rain. Since a favor involves doing something extra, it requires an expression of thanks. It is appropriate to thank the person again after the favor has been done . For “bigger” favors, that is , ones involving more time or effort, the beneficiary may also a gift to the doer of the favor. For small things, such as holding open a door, a person simply says “Thanks”

所谓“帮忙”,就是给另一个人做份外之事。比如为一位生病的朋友到商店去买东西或寄信,这样,他就不需在下雨时出去。由于帮忙做的是份外事,因此被帮的人就需要表示感谢。当忙帮完后,应该再次谢帮忙的人。如果帮的是大忙,被帮的人就应给帮忙的人送些礼物。因为人家花了较多的时间和精力。对于小的事,如给人开个门等,只要说声“谢谢”就行。

Always thank someone who offers to help you , whether you accept their help or refuse it politely. When refusing an offer of help, you may want to say something like:

No, thank you.

No, but thank you for offering.

Thank you ,but I ’II manage OK by myself.

如果别人主动帮你,不管你是接受还是婉言拒绝,都应谢谢人家。在婉言拒绝人时,你可以说象这样的话“不用,谢谢你。”也可以这样说“不用,但是谢谢你的好意。”“谢谢你,但我自己行。”

Remember that in the U. S., offers of help are usually made only once. Therefore, do not politely refuse the first time thinking you will be asked again.

记住,美国人主动提出帮忙时通常只说一次。当人家第一次提出要帮你时不要婉言拒绝(如果你确实需要帮助)。不要以为人家还会再提第二次。

When you receive a compliment, whether on your work, your clothing, your family, or anything else, it is appropriate to say thank you, and to make a comment about the thing being complimented.

当接受人家对你的表扬时,不管是关于你的工作、你穿的衣服还是关于你家里人或其他东西,应该说句“谢谢你”,并对所赞扬的事物加以评论。
小椰子 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-3-22 04:12:26 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
发表于 2004-4-10 10:45:53 | 显示全部楼层
even though i live in english contry...i didnt notice all different way of saying thanks
fighters88 该用户已被删除
发表于 2004-10-20 19:50:10 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
发表于 2005-1-31 20:57:24 | 显示全部楼层

回复: 英文如何感谢别人

ya...true...all the things i know is to say" thank you"...but nv say other things...
thanks for telling me...^_^
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|流星街

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 07:28 , Processed in 0.028696 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, eAccelerator On.